Full Dentures in Boston, MA: Regain Your Smile with Arch Street Dental
What Exactly Are Dentures?
Why Do I Need Dentures?
Dentists can recommend dentures if you have lost teeth due to:
- Periodontal (gum) disease
- Injuries to the face or jaw
- Severe tooth decay
- Multiple tooth extractions
What Kind of Dentures Do I Need?
There are four types of dentures that you dentist can provide:
- Full dentures replace a patient's complete set of teeth.
- Partial dentures, either fixed or removable, can replace one or several teeth.
- Dental implants anchor implant-retained dentures in patients who need additional jaw support.
- Same-day dentures serve as placeholders for patients waiting for their full or partial dentures to be ready.
How Do I Maintain My Dentures?
Keep your dentures clean to avoid problems such as gum disease, oral thrush, and bad breath. Keep these tips in mind:
- First, wear your new dentures day and night to get used to their feel and function.
- Avoid sticky, hard, or sharp foods or using toothpicks on your new dentures.
- Brush your dentures with a soft denture brush before soaking them overnight in a denture-cleansing liquid and brush them again in the morning before wearing them for the day.
Get the Best Dentist For Your Dentures Today
If missing teeth interfere with eating and speaking, or you simply need a completely new smile, Arch Street Dental is happy to provide high-quality dentures. Get in touch to schedule your dentist's appointment today.