Dentures From Your Boston Dentist Give You Back Your Smile
What Exactly Are Dentures?
Simply put, dentures are removable false teeth. They consist of plastic, nylon, or metal, and although they can last for years, they can break easily if dropped. When cleaning your dentures, hold them over a folded towel or a bowl or sink of water to cushion the fall.
Why Do I Need Dentures?
Dentists can recommend dentures if you have lost teeth due to:
- Periodontal (gum) disease
- Injuries to the face or jaw
- Severe tooth decay
- Multiple tooth extractions
What Kind of Dentures Do I Need?
There are four types of dentures that your dentist in Boston can provide:
- Full dentures replace a patient's complete set of teeth.
- Partial dentures, either fixed or removable, can replace one or several teeth.
- Dental implants anchor implant-retained dentures in patients who need additional jaw support.
- Same-day dentures serve as placeholders for patients waiting for their full or partial dentures to be ready.
How Do I Maintain My Dentures?
Keep your dentures clean to avoid problems such as gum disease, oral thrush, and bad breath. Keep these tips in mind:
- At first, wear your new dentures day and night to get used to their feel and function.
- Avoid sticky, hard, or sharp foods or using toothpicks on your new dentures.
- Brush your dentures with a soft denture brush before soaking them overnight in a denture-cleansing liquid, and brush them again in the morning before wearing them for the day.
Get the Best Dentist in Boston For Your Dentures Today
If missing teeth interfere with eating and speaking, or you simply need a completely new smile, Arch Street Dental is happy to help. Get in touch to schedule your dentist appointment today.
Your Source for Comfortable and Natural Looking Dentures in Boston
At Arch Street Dental, we offer a range of options for full and partial dentures in Boston designed to support and strengthen your smile. Our state of the art denture care center creates comfortable and natural looking dentures in a range of types including full dentures to replace all of your teeth or a removable partial denture to replace one or more teeth. We also offer options for dental implants. We use state-of-the-art technology to create dentures that are comfortable for all day wear. To find out more schedule a consultation today by calling us at (339) 201-9805.