Dentures From Your Boston Dentist Give You Back Your Smile
Dentures are a common way of replacing several or all missing teeth. Most of the time, senior citizens need dentures the most due to natural teeth loss. However, anyone may require dentures if accidents or other health conditions lead to tooth loss. Here is a quick overview of dentures.
What Exactly Are Dentures?
Simply put, dentures are removable false teeth. They consist of plastic, nylon, or metal, and although they can last for years, they can break easily if dropped. When cleaning your dentures, hold them over a folded towel or a bowl or sink of water to cushion the fall.
Why Do I Need Dentures?
Dentists can recommend dentures if you have lost teeth due to:
- Periodontal (gum) disease
- Injuries to the face or jaw
- Severe tooth decay
- Multiple tooth extractions
What Kind of Dentures Do I Need?
There are four types of dentures that your dentist in Boston can provide:
- Full dentures replace a patient's complete set of teeth.
- Partial dentures, either fixed or removable, can replace one or several teeth.
- Dental implants anchor implant-retained dentures in patients who need additional jaw support.
- Same-day dentures serve as placeholders for patients waiting for their full or partial dentures to be ready.
How Do I Maintain My Dentures?
Keep your dentures clean to avoid problems such as gum disease, oral thrush, and bad breath. Keep these tips in mind:
- At first, wear your new dentures day and night to get used to their feel and function.
- Avoid sticky, hard, or sharp foods or using toothpicks on your new dentures.
- Brush your dentures with a soft denture brush before soaking them overnight in a denture-cleansing liquid, and brush them again in the morning before wearing them for the day.
Get the Best Dentist in Boston For Your Dentures Today
If missing teeth interfere with eating and speaking, or you simply need a completely new smile, Arch Street Dental is happy to help. Get in touch to schedule your dentist appointment today.